|JS8Call 1.0.0-RC1 Released – Our first 1.0 release candidate! #release
From: Jordan Sherer / KN4CRD
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 23:31:31 CET
It’s been a fun journey so far and I really appreciate all the help along the way. I’m happy to announce that our first 1.0 release candidate of JS8Call is ready for you to download: https://groups.io/g/js8call/wiki/Download-Links This release candidate will be good until March 11, after which I’m planning our 1.0 general release. There may be another release candidate with bug fixes in between, but the goal is that March 11 is our go-live date. Woohoo!
In the meantime, be sure to read up on the changes in the documentation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTS5_G8y-skQ0SIk56z-rbHWXbzBam6h3xLsqsVnGBgddTRsNPNKE6L790pMivULcuktxI-ylndSZdN/pub
- /P callsign suffix can now be transmitted in a single frame for all non-compound callsigns (meaning KN4CRD/P: JY1/P SNR? would transmit in one frame). Huzzah!
- HB is now paused while you are “in QSO” (as in, when you have a callsign selected) and unpaused when you deselect your QSO partner.
- If you open the message inbox without a callsign selected you will be able to view “All” messages.
- You can now store a message at your local station for somebody else. Really helpful if you know that your QSO partner will be able to hear you later (i.e., you usually have a good propagation path) but you won’t be around the rig at that time (maybe overnight?). Access this by right clicking on the Callsign and selecting “Store Message”.
- You can now add a custom interval for HB and CQ messages (up to 1440 minutes…i.e., once per day)
- The “QTH?” command is now called “INFO?” which contains _generic_ station information (antenna, rig, qth, power, anything).
- There are now some pre-configured group names that can be transmitted in one frame (@JS8NET, @GROUP1, etc). Check the documentation for more!
- HEARING messages now parse callsigns and add them to the callsign tooltips
- Fixed a bunch of bugs related to printing of ACKs, sorting of frequencies, etc.
Remember, now is the time to drop any critical bugs or things you’d like to see improved before 1.0 general release into the issue tracker: https://bitbucket.org/widefido/js8call/issues?status=new&status=open
Jordan / KN4CRD
As usual, here’s the complete changelog: Renamed QTH to INFO to be more generic
Bump to v0.14.2
Added feature to store a message locally for another station to retrieve from you later
Cleanup of ellipsis and added custom HB/CQ repeat intervals
Added custom repeat interval to CQ and HB messages
Repeat custom interval now displayed in the menu
Update tooltip for SNR button
Store MSG with spaces surrounding cmd
Fixed #73: disable HB and CQ while in QSO
All caps for info
Removed tx power from the log window. It’s not valid ADIF without a dropdown
Fixed issue with double printing of ACKS that have MSG IDs
Added start/stop menu item for hb and cq repeat timers
Added optional question mark to ‘QUERY MSGS?’
Fixed issue with group callsigns not being able to be added
Added some pre-configured group names that can be transmitted in a single directed frame
Fixed HB starting after app start and deselect
Fixed #123: add/remove allcall group like other groups
Fixed #124: similar callsigns shouldn’t hightlight
Added a global message inbox for when there’s no callsign selected
Added TO column to message inbox
Added separator to menu
Fixed #122: frequencies should be sorted
Remove valid compound check
Able to delete message from message inbox
Fixed message history for stored messages
Small UI tweak to macro buttons
Expand macros for PSKReporter station info
Fixed #126: hearing should be parsed for every frame received not just dircted to me
Added /P support to single-frame transmissions, ala KN4CRD/P: JY1/P SNR?. Boom
Fixed #110: duplicate acks weren’t being displayed even if they came in minutes apart
Bump to v1.0.0-rc1
Bump eol date for 1.0 release