Dear friends and contesters,
Please accept our invitation to participate in OK-OM DX SSB contest organized by Czech radioclub CRC in cooperation with Slovak radioclub SARA.
The contest is held next weekend (1200 UTC 13 April – 1200 UTC 14 April 2019).
ATTENTION: All the LOGs must be send within one week from the contest (APR 21, 2019, 2359 UTC)
We do hope to work you all next weekend !
Jiri – OK1RI
Petr – OK1FFU
OK-OM DX Contest director
- Bands: 1.8 through 28 MHz, except WARC bands.
- Single operator high power – all band, output power shall not exceed 1500 watts (SOAB HP)
- Single operator high power – single band, output power shall not exceed 1500 watts (SOSB HP)
- Single operator low power – all band, output power shall not exceed 100 watts (SOAB LP)
- Single operator low power – single band, output power shall not exceed 100 watts (SOSB LP)
- Single operator – QRP (output power shall not exceed 5 watts, all band only)
- Multi operator, single transmitter (MS) – all band, output power shall not exceed 1500 watts
DX cluster support is allowed for all categories. Single operator can take part in several categories (e. g. SO AB & SO 20m & SO 80m). For MS: The minimum time to call CQ on a band is 10 minutes. A quick band change in order to work new multiplier is allowed – it is OK to work one station and return to the main band.
- Making QSOs: OK/OL/OM stations contact non OK/OL/OM stations. Non OK/OL/OM stations contact OK/OL/OM stations. A station may be worked once per band.
- Exchange: OK/OL/OM: RST + district abbreviation (e. g. 599 BPZ). Non OK/OL/OM: RST + progressive QSO number starting with 001.
- Multipliers: OK/OL/OM: prefixes following WPX rules on each band. Non OK/OL/OM: districts on each band.
- QSO points: Foreign (non OK/OL/OM) participants from EU countries (use CQ WW rules for continent) earn 1 point for QSO with any OK/OL/OM stations. Foreign participants from DX countries earn 3 points for QSO with any OK/OL/OM stations. OK/OL/OM stations earn 1 point for QSO with EU and 3 points for QSO with DX stations.
- Score: The final score is the sum of QSO points from all bands multiplied by the sum of multipliers from all bands.
- Rules for SWLs (non OK/OL/OM): Each correctly logged QSO (date, UTC, band, call-sign OK/OL/OM, district, call-sign non OK/OL/OM) per band counts 1 point (EU SWLs) or 3 points (non EU SWLs). SWL multipliers: OK/OL/OM districts on each band. Each OK/OL/OM station may be counted only once per band.
- All the LOGs must be send within one week from the contest (NOV 18, 2018, 2359 UTC)
- LOGs are accepted ONLY in electronic form and only through Web interface.
- The paper LOGs are not accepted.
- The only accepted format is CABRILLO.
- All logs must contain the following data: date, UTC, band, call-sign, transmitted exchange, received exchange
- Only one LOG is send – even in the case the participant decides to take part in more cathegories.
- In Cabrillo logs all categories are written in one line, separated by comma (e.g. “CATEGORY: SINGLE-OP ALL HIGH, SINGLE-OP 10M HIGH”) – more info here.
- Recommended name of the cathegories:
- SINGLE-OP ALL HIGH
- SINGLE-OP 160M HIGH
- SINGLE-OP 80M HIGH
- SINGLE-OP 40M HIGH
- SINGLE-OP 20M HIGH
- SINGLE-OP 15M HIGH
- SINGLE-OP 10M HIGH
- SINGLE-OP ALL LOW
- SINGLE-OP 160M LOW
- SINGLE-OP 80M LOW
- SINGLE-OP 40M LOW
- SINGLE-OP 20M LOW
- SINGLE-OP 15M LOW
- SINGLE-OP 10M LOW
- SINGLE-OP ALL QRP
- Clarification for SWL
Since the CABRILLO format does not support SWL cathegory, it was decided that we will accept SWL LOGs in any reasonable format. Only SWL LOGs can be send via e-mail: okomdx.crk.cz, SWL LOGs are not accepted through the web. Each QSO record must contain: date, UTC, band-frequency, callsign of the station, sent code, callsing of the corresponding station, points, new multiplier.
The summary should be part of the LOG and should contain: for each band number of QSOs, points, multipliers. The LOG should contain the cathegories, RIG, e-mail.
- Disqualification: Violation of contest rules, unsportsmanlike conduct or taking credit for excessive unverifiable QSOs will be deemed sufficient cause for disqualification.
- LOGs with more than 20% faults could be ommited.
- All decisions of the contest committee are final. The contest is sponsored by Czech Radio Club (CRC), member of the IARU.
- Awards: The participants will be awarded in three divisions: OK/OM, EU and DX. In each division and each category there will be list of participants. Awards for all participants will be on the web in printable format (pdf).
One station can be awarded up to one plaque – for the category, where the maximum of points were achieved. The list of plaques and their donors is developing (look at okomdx.crk.cz) and a lot of categories are still without donors. If you are interested to promote this contest then write to contest committee (e-mail: email@example.com).
- Mailing address: OK-OM DX Contest, CRK, P.O. Box 69, 113 27 Praha 1, Czech Republic. Send logs only through Web interface, to contact contest committee use: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, don’t forget to sign your CALL in the Subject of the e-mail!
- Home web page: http://okomdx.crk.cz
- Logging programs which support OK-OM DX Contest:
- N1MM – Windows, www.n1mm.com
- Win-Test – F5MZN, www.win-test.com
- WriteLog – K5DJ, Windows, www.writelog.com
- TRLog – N6TR, www.trlog.com
- CT – K1EA, www.k1ea.com
- NA – K8CC, datom.contesting.com
- YPLOG – VE6YP, members.shaw.ca/ve6yp
- Super Duper – EI5DI, www.ei5di.com free
- RCKLog – DL4RCK, Windows, www.rcklog.de
- LA0FX – www.qsl.net/la0fx, free
- AALog – RZ4AG, www.aalog.com
- GENLog – W3KM, www.qsl.net/w3km/gen_log.htm
- Lux-Log – LX1NO, www.qsl.net/lx1no
- HAM System – OH2GI, www.kolumbus.fi/jukka.kallio
- Wincontest – I8VKB, digilander.libero.it/wincontest
- UcxLog – DL7UCX, www.ucxlog.org
- TLF – PA0R home.iae.nl/users/reinc/TLF-0.2.html GPL (GNU/Linux)
- Xlog – PG4I www.qsl.net/pg4i/linux/xlog.html GPL (GNU/Linux)
- jLog – LA3HM http://jlog.org log in Java for Linux/MacOS/Win
- TR4W – UA4WL http://www.tr4w.com/
or others and use setup for IARU HF Championship. Note that duplicate contacts, QSO points, and multipliers will be calculated automatically by the sponsors.
- Plaques: here
Bratislava, prefix OM1