Airlink Express is a user friendly digital mode software package for the Amateur Radio Operator. The software is compatible with Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 10. It offers PSK, MFSK and RTTY digital modes with logging and macro capabilities. If you have ever used the Digipan software you will be immediately familiar with Airlink Express.
With the release of Windows Vista and Windows 7, Microsoft introduced a new sound architecture. Airlink Express is developed to support this new sound architecture, yet it maintains complete backward compatibility with Windows XP. Airlink Express brings back the familiar volume slider interface you’ve become used to from older Windows versions.
The DSP engine used in Airlink Express is MMVari by Makoto Mori, JE3HHT. This engine is very flexible and decodes as well, if not better, than any other soundcard mode engine currently available. It is used by many other software products like Logger32 and the N1MM contest logger.
These are just some of the features available in Airlink Express:
- Automatic Multi Channel Display
- Support for Multiple Soundcards
- PSK31, PSK63, PSK125, PSK250, MFSK and RTTY
- Radio Control (CAT)
- Center Bandpass Tuning
- True FSK Keying
- Bandpass Filters
- Logging with ADIF Import and Export
- Replay Last 60, 30, or 15 Seconds
- Support for IC-9700.
- Alt-A shortcut key. It will move the cursor to the serial number field (SNRX) and select the text for quick editing. If you select a text in the RX box first and then hit Alt-A, then the selected text will be inserted in the serial number field.
- Double click serial number selection. If you have the Auto Increment Serial Number enabled in the Options menu, then the second double click on a text (number) in the RX box will have that number entered in the SNRX field. The first double click is still reserved for the callsign. So first double click moves the text to the Callsign field, and the second double click will move the text to the SRNX field. Keep in mind that the number has to be surrounded by a white space or new line.
- Macro text entry window in word wrap format, and allow for resizing to see all text.