jLog is a modern Logging program for Hams that can run on all major platforms, e.g. macOS, Linux, Windows, etc. It offers a nice, clean interface and allows efficient entry of QSOs.
It is available for free so you can afford to try it!
You won’t get stuck with jLog. Import or Export of data using the standardized ADIF 3 formats are possible to easily exchange data with any other decent Log program.
- Multi-platform, native Look & Feel or common (“Java”) Look & Feel across all platforms
- Many automatic functions (lookup, fill-ins, etc.)
- Fast log searches (typically < 1 second)
- Separate tracking of Paper, eQSL and LoTW QSL status
- Powerful Internet support
- Real-time logging with eQSL and LoTW
- DX Cluster tracking with Graphical display
- QRZ and US FCC lookups
- Built-in CW Keyer
- CAT control for many popular rigs
- Automatic Award status and Reports, e.g. “WAS”-type for 28 countries
- Runs with Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac OS, Mac OS X, and more…?
- Standard look and feel (“Windows”, “Java”, “Mac”, “GTK”, etc.).
- Configurable screen size and position, column widths and positions, etc.
- Automatic entry of Date and Time from the computer clock
- Automatic entry of Frequency and Mode using the integrated Radio Controller (for Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, etc.)
- Automatic lookup of Country, Continent, CQ and ITU Zones
- Automatic lookup of previous contacts with the same station or country
- Automatic display of 11 band DXCC status (showing “Worked/Confirmed” for the country of the selected station). Paper, eQSL or LoTW selectable
- Convenient entry form (see the same form running on different platforms)
- Handles many “district” fields (US State, VE Province, US County (3077), GE DOK, RU OBL, JA JCC and JCG)
Powerful Award status for DXCC, WAS, WAC, WAZ, WPX, US Counties, IOTA and VUCC
- Searches the complete log in just a second (exact match or wildcard)
- Easy to read UTC Clock
- Internal Database format compatible with most spread-sheets (“comma separated”)
- Additional ADIF V2.0 Import/Export supporting the ADIF-defined fields. Preserves Upper/Lower case
- Limited Contest mode (experimental) supporting SAC, ARRL-DX and CQ-WPX only
- Export Logs for the supported Contests using the Cabrillo V2 format (recommended by ARRL and CQ)
- Built in CW-Keyer
- Display the log in a Browser using XML Export and a jLog auto-generated HTML-file (defines the display format). Print log from Browser
- ON5OO DX Spot supervision using DX Concentrator (DXC)
- Integrated QRZ.com lookup
- Integrated ON6DP QSL MGR database lookup
- Displays Direction and Distance
- Direct US FCC Database lookup
- Separate tracking of Paper, eQSL and LoTW QSL Status
- Real Time automatic logging of new entries at eQSL.cc or LoTW
- On-line synchronization of eQSL and LoTW QSL status
- Modes can be converted (eg. CW->A1A) before printing to comply with e.g. UK regurations
- “US WAS”-type Report now also available for the following countries (ISO): AR, AT, AU, BG, BR, CA, CH, CL, CZ, BE, DE, DK, ES, FI, FR, HU, IT, JP, KR, MX, NL, NO, NZ, PH, PL, PT, PY, RO, SE, SK, UY (more to come…)
- US State/County auto lookup from QRZ on the Web
- Allow multiple Configurations (various Rigs, Locations, etc)
- Duplicates removal tool
- Auto lookup info from QRZ for new entries
- Map lookup
- jLog has a subset of Java built-in.
- New, signed installers for all simplify installation.
- Some corrections and enhancements (e.g. FT8 in status panel and DXCC status, new radios, simpler registration).