jLog is a modern Logging program for Hams that can run on all major platforms, e.g. macOS, Linux, Windows, etc. It offers a nice, clean interface and allows efficient entry of QSOs.
It is available for free so you can afford to try it!
You won’t get stuck with jLog. Import or Export of data using the standardized ADIF 3 formats are possible to easily exchange data with any other decent Log program.
- Multi-platform, native Look & Feel or common (“Java”) Look & Feel across all platforms
- Many automatic functions (lookup, fill-ins, etc.)
- Fast log searches (typically < 1 second)
- Separate tracking of Paper, eQSL and LoTW QSL status
- Powerful Internet support
- Real-time logging with eQSL and LoTW
- DX Cluster tracking with Graphical display
- QRZ and US FCC lookups
- Built-in CW Keyer
- CAT control for many popular rigs
- Automatic Award status and Reports, e.g. “WAS”-type for 28 countries
- Runs with Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac OS, Mac OS X, and more…?
- Standard look and feel (“Windows”, “Java”, “Mac”, “GTK”, etc.).
- Configurable screen size and position, column widths and positions, etc.
- Automatic entry of Date and Time from the computer clock
- Automatic entry of Frequency and Mode using the integrated Radio Controller (for Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, etc.)
- Automatic lookup of Country, Continent, CQ and ITU Zones
- Automatic lookup of previous contacts with the same station or country
- Automatic display of 11 band DXCC status (showing “Worked/Confirmed” for the country of the selected station). Paper, eQSL or LoTW selectable
- Convenient entry form (see the same form running on different platforms)
- Handles many “district” fields (US State, VE Province, US County (3077), GE DOK, RU OBL, JA JCC and JCG)
Powerful Award status for DXCC, WAS, WAC, WAZ, WPX, US Counties, IOTA and VUCC
- Searches the complete log in just a second (exact match or wildcard)
- Easy to read UTC Clock
- Internal Database format compatible with most spread-sheets (“comma separated”)
- Additional ADIF V2.0 Import/Export supporting the ADIF-defined fields. Preserves Upper/Lower case
- Limited Contest mode (experimental) supporting SAC, ARRL-DX and CQ-WPX only
- Export Logs for the supported Contests using the Cabrillo V2 format (recommended by ARRL and CQ)
- Built in CW-Keyer
- Display the log in a Browser using XML Export and a jLog auto-generated HTML-file (defines the display format). Print log from Browser
- ON5OO DX Spot supervision using DX Concentrator (DXC)
- Integrated QRZ.com lookup
- Integrated ON6DP QSL MGR database lookup
- Displays Direction and Distance
- Direct US FCC Database lookup
- Separate tracking of Paper, eQSL and LoTW QSL Status
- Real Time automatic logging of new entries at eQSL.cc or LoTW
- On-line synchronization of eQSL and LoTW QSL status
- Modes can be converted (eg. CW->A1A) before printing to comply with e.g. UK regurations
- “US WAS”-type Report now also available for the following countries (ISO): AR, AT, AU, BG, BR, CA, CH, CL, CZ, BE, DE, DK, ES, FI, FR, HU, IT, JP, KR, MX, NL, NO, NZ, PH, PL, PT, PY, RO, SE, SK, UY (more to come…)
- US State/County auto lookup from QRZ on the Web
- Allow multiple Configurations (various Rigs, Locations, etc)
- Duplicates removal tool
- Auto lookup info from QRZ for new entries
- Map lookup
- New built-in WSJT-X Tracker provides real-time colouring of stations of interest in WSJT-X’s list, e.g. non-confirmed countries, prefixes, US States or US Counties (see screen examples below)
- Simultaneous use of up to three radios is now supported
- Manual or automatic logging to QRZ Logbook
- Automatic registration of new entries to LoTW (override temporarily by entering ‘-A’ in the Remarks field)s
- Map lookup is back after a few years absence
- Cabrillo Export upgraded to Cabrillo V3 and uses detailed frequencies when available
- Modes and Contest-IDs are updated according to the latest ADIF 3.1.3
- Award Reports can now easily switch between eQSL, LoTW and Paper status
- GeoCalc (and inside Profile) can convert from/to up to 10 letter Grid-squares
- QRZ and HamQTH lookup will show CQ and ITU Zones
- New Shrink command in eQSL and LoTW Sync/Import Log viewer for removing all but erroneous entries
- New ‘QSL Services Info’ command will indicate if a callsign is a registered user of eQSL or LoTW
- Several new radio Yaesu models are now supported.
- Tools->Zones looks up missing or ambiguous zones using QRZ and/or HamQTH.
- SAC contest prefix list updated
- Improved eQSL QSL Card Viewer navigation (macOS only)
- Frequency sorting improved (‘Frq’ and ‘Freq’ columns in the Main window)
- Radio setup separated from the Profile to allow changes to the Profile without disturbing the radios.
- LoTW and eQSL Sync time deviation increased from 10 to 30 minutes (as used by LoTW)Many
- Many improvements to the on-line User’s Guide (more to come)
- Restored and slightly extended HTML Setup used by HTML Export (V18.104.22.168)
- Minor cosmetic improvements for the status window and other field widths (V22.214.171.124)
- Radios setup button added to Toolbar (V126.96.36.199)
- Misc. smaller cosmetic updates to deal with larger font sizes (V188.8.131.52)
- Check-for-Updates message improvements for future updates (V184.108.40.206)
- View->Columns again functional. Administrates the ten flexible columns.
- Corrected Main window status display of non-confirmed QSOs
- mini-Keyer position and size stored correctly
- Important fix to prevent lockup for serial connected Icom and Yaesu radios (V220.127.116.11)
- Important fix to the formatting of the ‘Freq’ column to avoid problems for the neighboring column (V18.104.22.168)
- Added missing library used by ADIF .adx export (V22.214.171.124)
- mini-Keyer position and size stored correctly
- Important fix to the formatting of the ‘Freq’ column (further improvements) (V126.96.36.199)
- Improved distinction between Russian European and Asian prefixes (V188.8.131.52)
- Corrected wrong frequency heading names in DXCC Report (V184.108.40.206)
- Corrected contest mode duplicates lookup and indication (V220.127.116.11)
- Corrected problem with international characters and QRZ Logbook submission(V18.104.22.168)
- Remarks field is now included when uploading to QRZ Logbook (V22.214.171.124)
Please send comments, suggestions, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!