JT65 – JT9 – T10 – FT8 – FT4 -WSPR
JTDX means “JT,T10 and FT8 and FT4 modes for DXing”, it is being developed with main focus on the sensitivity and decoding efficiency, both, in overcrowded and half empty HF band conditions.
It is modified WSJT-X software forked from WSJT-X r6462.
JTDX supports JT9, JT65, T10, FT8 and FT4 © digital modes for HF amateur radio communication, focused on DXing and being shaped by community of DXers.
© 2016-2017 by Igor Chernikov, UA3DJY and Arvo Järve ES1JA
It is created with contributions from DK7UY, DO1IP, ES4RLH,G7OED, MM0HVU, RA4UDC, SV1IYF, UA3ALE, US-E-12, VE3NEA, VK3AMA, VK6KXW, VK7YUM and LY3BG family: Vytas and Rimas Kudelis.
JTDX is licensed under the terms of Version3 of the GNU General Public License (GPL)
– TCI: use correct error message when ESDR is not launched
– TCI: increased guard time on closing TCI connection
– TCI: prevented audio spike at first signal transmission
– TCI: added some VFOB checking for changes from ESDR side
– libhamlib support is switched from static to dynamic one
– ptt port sharing is enabled by default in Hamlib, can be changed by loading json file on Hamlib init
– Linux operating systems: package installation prefix is changed from /usr to /usr/local to provide compatibility with WSJT-X installation
– added STATION_CALLSIGN and MY_GRIDSQUARE ADIF fields into logQSO TCP/UDP messages, 4/6/8 char GRIDs are supported
– prevent accepting broken GRID in Configuration, added GRID Configuration settings error message box
– added support to CQ USA direction
– avoid usage of auto variable type, attempt to prevent race conditions on fast AMD Ryzen CPU
– fixed bug in 73/RR73 messages searching at processing UDP Reply message, ‘CQ and 73 messages’ option
– some changes to prefix<->grid mapping
– support Mount Athos DXCC recognition with /A callsign
– added rigctlcom-jtdx application
– applied recent WSJT-X patches to message packing and FFT
– FT8 decoder: late start of decoder option replaced with early start of decoder one.
It is just start of decoder with less number of audio frames received and there can be less low SNR signals
decoded due to incomplete audio data. Early start of decoder is not applied to SWL mode.
– prevent FT8 decoder crash in scenario where MYCALL is empty and DXCall window has non-standard callsign
– FT8 decoder: AP masks usage policy is changed for standard MyCall & standard DXCall combination,
reduced average Lag at such QSO and improved sensitivity for decoding incoming calls
– FT8 decoder: AP mask bugs fixed in decoding incoming calls with standard mycall
and in DX Call searching with non-standard DX callsign
– FT8 decoder: multiple other changes to AP masks
– FT8 decoder: fixed several bugs in filtering false decodes- FT8 decoder: added AP type 2 filter to false decodes, incoming call: MyCall ??? ???
– FT8 decoder: withdrawn SNR threshold for checking to false AP type 2/3 decodes: MyCall ??? ???, MyCall DXCall ???
– ALLCALL7 and LoTW list updates as of 20211229, big cty.dat as of 20211225
– translation updates
– JTDX 2.2.158 builds made with modified Hamlib, based on Hamlib commit https://github.com/Hamlib/Hamlib/commit/954d70c143a9a0293371d8def3a7300ce3ca68c4 as of December 30th, 2021
Builds of JTDX 2.2.158 are made with shared Hamlib libraries,
such approach shall allow on Windows and Linux OS to apply recent Hamlib patches with no need to rebuild JTDX. On Windows OS users can replace libhamlib-4.dll file to apply Hamlib patch.
Linux OS: Hamlib build is supplied as standalone package and shall be installed prior to JTDX installation. Hamlib patches can be applied via Hamlib upgrade.