JT65 – JT9 – T10 – FT8 – FT4 -WSPR
JTDX means “JT,T10 and FT8 and FT4 modes for DXing”, it is being developed with main focus on the sensitivity and decoding efficiency, both, in overcrowded and half empty HF band conditions.
It is modified WSJT-X software forked from WSJT-X r6462.
JTDX supports JT9, JT65, T10, FT8 and FT4 © digital modes for HF amateur radio communication, focused on DXing and being shaped by community of DXers.
© 2016-2017 by Igor Chernikov, UA3DJY and Arvo Järve ES1JA
It is created with contributions from DK7UY, DO1IP, ES4RLH,G7OED, MM0HVU, RA4UDC, SV1IYF, UA3ALE, US-E-12, VE3NEA, VK3AMA, VK6KXW, VK7YUM and LY3BG family: Vytas and Rimas Kudelis.
JTDX is licensed under the terms of Version3 of the GNU General Public License (GPL)
– boost is moved from source code to pre-built libraries
– changed debian/rpm package dependencies/requirements
– version numeration is changed: 2.2.156 instead of 2.2.0-rc156
– added version information, package description is updated
– withdrawn RIG_TARGETABLE_PURE from JTDX code according to Hamlib changes
– improved error handling
– handle access exception to JTDX .lock file
– changed shared memory configuration on Mac
– changed transceiver base functions
– fixed JTDX startup failure bug, fixed JTDX startup failure in FT4 mode
– added support to CAT and audio over TCI interface, SunSDR2 family of transceivers.
Audio over TCI can be optionally enabled if CAT over TCI is selected.
JTDX v156 supports connection to ExpertSDR2 x64 v.1.3.1 Update8 software.
– write TCI TX stream into .wav file if debug to file option is enabled
– patch to prevent adding previous QSO distance into comments
– store/restore TX audio level if band is changed from rig
– any /P callsign shall be searched through cty.dat for country name/prefix exception
– crossband 160m operation with Japan option is set to OFF by default
– a little speedup of autoseq if 73 like message is received
– callsign filter shall have highier priority versus wanted prefix, grid and country
– speedup Notifications
– TX AF frequency change at message transmission is reworked
– make sure own grid is filtered correctly from ADIF file
– Qt shall manage TX/RX audio buffer size
– avoid direct rig capabilities references in HamlibTransceiver
– reworked darkstyle to labDialFreq and readFreq widgets
– separated rig power on/off control, Radio tab of configuration settings
– patch: restore audio beep notification if filter bypass set
– activation of main window shall reset watchdog timer
– response to incoming call shall reset watchdog timer
– S-meter: added push-button for selection between S-meter units and dBm, default value is S-meter units. Updated tooltip to the button.
– Hound mode control is reworked: in common FT8 bands it is fully compatible with MSHV multianswering option, on the special DXpedition frequencies is compliant to WSJT-X DXpedition protocol with automatic frequency control.
Transmission below 1000 Hz while calling DX on the special DXpedition frequencies is forbidden if frequency control is active.
– attempt to fix Hound messages counting for positive values of Lag
– patch to common FT8 band recognition at start of program
– Hound mode checks: added 5357 kHz to list of common FT8 bands
– SkipGrid option: do not delete DX Call from QSO history if Halt Tx pressed while not transmitting
– attempt to fix QSO logging time defect occured at daylight saving time shift
– reworked Polling timings
– reduce memory usage by FT8 decoder
– added up to 24 threads support in FT8 decoder
– do big FFT if signal has been subtracted in current thread, improved FT8 decoder efficiency
– reduced decoding time in FT8 mode
– message packing/unpacking reworked to provide thread safety, use own hash tables to TX messages
– correct conversion to upper case in message packing
– increased stack and OMP stack sizes to jtdxjt9 process
– prevent getting out of string index in ft8b.f90 (crash of FT8 decoder)
– filter out some false FT8 “/R” decodes, filter out any false FT8 AP type 2 “/R” decode
– added cty.dat copyright
– ALLCALL7.TXT update as of 20210402, big cty as of 20210421, LoTW list update as of 20210422
– RU translation patch to recover mainwindow UI splitter functionality
– RU translation: deleted Cyrillic keyboard shortcuts, attempt to force some common keyboard shortcuts for mainwindow UI buttons
– added keyboards shortcuts and mouse commands into translation
– changed tooltip to Frequency list in configuration UI
– translation updates
– JTDX v156 builds made with modified Hamlib, based on Hamlib commit https://github.com/Hamlib/Hamlib/commit/2066bb38fd8b77a46526826b1be2d0f9f34ddf8e as of April 28th, 2021
Information on Hamlib changes is available via this link: https://github.com/Hamlib/Hamlib/commits/master
Hamlib 4.2 resolved issues: https://github.com/Hamlib/Hamlib/milestone/7?closed=1