VarAC. HF/FM Digital Chat Reinvented.
VarAC is a FREE, modern HF P2P real-time chatting application for the amateur radio operator that leverages the glorious VARA protocol.
Calling QRGs (USB dial)
20m – 14.105 MHz (Primary – day time)
40m – 7.105 MHz (Primary – night time)
80m – 3.595 MHz
30m – 10.133 MHz
17m – 18.106 MHz
15m – 21.105 MHz
12m – 24.927 MHz
10m – 28.105 MHz
6m – 50.330 MHz
VarAC main features
- Call CQ using the VARA protocol
- See if your partner is currently typing
- Having fun while chatting with sounds & emojis
- Supporting CAT command, RTS/DTS & OmniRig
- Supporting two VARA modems
- Type as many messages as you’d like
- For best QSO performance monitoring
- Set preconfigured welcome & away messages
- Create predefined messages (RIG, Info…)
- Select your desired QSO bandwidth
- Let other people know you are standing by
- No more typos. Spell check as you type
- Supporting binary files, text, Images and more
- Move QSO up or down with a single mouse click
- Supporting ADIF format
- Chose the colors/fonts you like. Use dark mode.
IMPORTANT NOTE: VarAC requires VARA-HF V4.6.0 or higher
TUNE button – set your ALC level directly in VarAC (requires VARA 4.6.2 and a VARA license)
<VER> tag – check VarAC version of your QSO partner
QSY sniffer – Easily check if your QSY Up/Down destination is free by right-clicking & Holding the QSYU/D button.
Read RIG freq using CAT commands: Turning your VFO knob now reflects on the VarAC console.
Frequency Schedule – Tell VarAC when and where you want to QRV. Great for day/night frequency changes.
CAT Frequency control for the remaining Yaesu rigs (FT-817,818,847,857,897)
Fix for Frequency control of rigs that has 10Hz resolution
Ignore double QSY invitation – when both sides send QSY invitations together.
Supporting frequencies of 2.4GHz (VARA-SAT QO100 Operations) in Cat Freq change/read, Frequency file, Free form QSY and others. (Note: OmniRig does not support above 2.1GHz)
Enabling “Debug mode” from the settings screen
With DTR/RTS PTT – showing an error “‘PortName’ cannot be set while the port is open”
Exceptions when trying to write to VarAC_traffic.lof file
Right clicking on an empty space in the LH lists generated an error.
Besturingssystemen: Alle Windows
Nederlandse handleiding van ON2AD: International manuals (non English) by VarAC community | VarAC (varac-hamradio.com)