VarAC. HF/FM Digital Chat Reinvented.
VarAC is a FREE, modern HF P2P real-time chatting application for the amateur radio operator that leverages the glorious VARA protocol.
Calling QRGs (USB dial)
20m – 14.105 MHz (Primary – day time)
40m – 7.105 MHz (Primary – night time)
80m – 3.595 MHz
30m – 10.133 MHz
17m – 18.106 MHz
15m – 21.105 MHz
12m – 24.927 MHz
10m – 28.105 MHz
6m – 50.330 MHz
VarAC main features
- Call CQ using the VARA protocol
- See if your partner is currently typing
- Having fun while chatting with sounds & emojis
- Supporting CAT command, RTS/DTS & OmniRig
- Supporting two VARA modems
- Type as many messages as you’d like
- For best QSO performance monitoring
- Set preconfigured welcome & away messages
- Create predefined messages (RIG, Info…)
- Select your desired QSO bandwidth
- Let other people know you are standing by
- No more typos. Spell check as you type
- Supporting binary files, text, Images and more
- Move QSO up or down with a single mouse click
- Supporting ADIF format
- Chose the colors/fonts you like. Use dark mode.
IMPORTANT NOTE: VarAC requires VARA-HF V4.6.0 or higher
Adding tools menu with quick access to tools such as mailbox, callsign history lookup etc.
New mailbox features:
Store & forward: leave a message in your/other mailbox and once the target station connects, they will receive the vmail.
Offline VMail compose.
New Inbox/Outbox/Sent/Parking mailbox folders
Clickable Mailbox counters on the main screen
Free form QSY (#) now support SLOT frequencies
Integration with UcxLog
In the callsign history screen you can now enter a callsign manually and perform a search. Also adding an access to the callsign history lookup in the main dropdown menus.
Adding extra space after each element in the ADIF record to comply with ADIF standard
File transfer statistics (time and average speed)
Self reporting to PSK Reporter. Upon frequency change, the PSK reporter map will show where you QRV.
DXKeeper logger – auto filter of previous QSOs with a station once login a QSO (requires DXkeeper 16.7.6)
Calling CQ now must include a Slot ID.
Replacing emoji based buttons icons with ASCII for windows 7 users.
Removing the drop down menus in the callsign history screen.
PING disabled the slot selector and only way to recover was to restart VarAC
CAT change frequency for 2M and above frequencies (9 digits and above) changed not to the accurate frequency.
Free form QSY (using the # button) did not work if Ø (zero with slash) was enabled.
Besturingssystemen: Alle Windows
Nederlandse handleiding van ON2AD: International manuals (non English) by VarAC community | VarAC (varac-hamradio.com)